Join one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies in Scotland and be part of a young, dynamic team with a wide and varied client list.
You are self-motivated, eager to learn and want to be involved in all aspects of web development. You work well in a team and have a strong ability for problem solving. You will have at a minimum 1 year’s experience of PHP, and 2 years’ experience of HTML/CSS/JS. You want to become proficient in full-stack LAMP/LEMP development and to assist in moulding the platforms, technologies, and methodologies used in the solutions we provide to our clients.
The ideal candidate will show a keen appreciation of, and adherence to, coding standards and web application security.
Experience of developing CMSs, namely WordPress, is a must. Other CMSes will, however, be considered.
Some experience or knowledge of OOPHP would be beneficial, and any experience of MVC frameworks and techniques a bonus.
- HTML5/CSS3 experience
- CMS knowledge, namely WordPress
- Experience of Bootstrap or other responsive framework
- Understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform development
- LAMP/LEMP stack exposure
- Understanding of MySQL/MariaDB
- Git or other source control system
- Ability and desire to learn
Useful to have, but not essential, skills
- Development of custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Understanding of OOP techniques
- Experience of OOPHP MVC frameworks (e.g. Yii, Laravel, CodeIgnitor)
- Use of WooCommerce
- Experience of jQuery
- Experience of JS frameworks (e.g. Angular/Vue/React)
- SASS/LESS/SCSS exposure
- Gulp/Grunt or other task-runners
- Software development with Agile
- Experience with third-party APIs
- Good understanding of SEO best-practices for website structure
- Understanding of Adwords
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
Negotiable, depending on experience.
Relaxed and informal.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org